Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blueberry Banana Bread


This is another great recipe from Susan Voisin over at Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.  Actually this recipe to me is also wonderful because it has solved my dilema about healthy quick breads.  Most low fat or vegan quick bread recipes I've made (and posted) use either egg whites or some kind of egg replacer (like flax seeds) and I always find the texture of the breads to be kind of chewy for my taste.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my sweets and I still eat them but they just didn't quite hit the mark for me. 

This recipe is just simply delicious.  I've made it with the almond milk/lemon juice mixture and with the applesauce.  I've made it replacing the blueberries with chopped peaches.  Any way I make it it just turns out perfect every time. You honestly would never know it is low fat and vegan.  I am going to try it with other chopped fruits instead of the blueberries and peaches this weekend!

Check it out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment