Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Confetti Salad

Confetti Salad




This is something I make with different dressings depending on my mood. Of course it would taste good with any number of over the counter dressings but since I'm trying to use mostly whole foods and watch my fat/sodium I've made my own here. This would also taste good with a bit of red onion or peppers thrown in but I just didn't feel like it today....feel free to play!


Salad:
1 can no-sodium corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 1/2 Cups Edamame
1 1/2 Cups cooked and cooled brown rice

Dressing
1/4 Cup Ketchup (check the ingredients....it only needs to have tomato puree, sugar, vinegar and spices.....try organic if you can find it)
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Clove Garlic
1/4 Cup Minced Onion
1/2 tsp Paprika
Black Pepper (to taste)
1/2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
2 Tbsp Apple Sauce or Apple Juice

Mix the salad dressing in a blender until the onion and garlic have been liquified. Chill for an hour.

Meanwhile, mix the salad ingredients and after the dressing is chilled pour dressing over the salad. The flavors will marry the longer it sits so enjoy it all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment