Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Unsweetened Applesauce

Unsweetened Applesauce



Today I realized I forgot to buy applesauce at the store. I use applesauce in most of my baking as a replacement for oil and I had a lot of baking to do and didn't feel like running out to the store. I happened to have some apples left from last week's trip to the store so I checked online to see how hard it would be to make my own applesauce.

Turns out it is one of the easiest things I've ever done in the kitchen!

The link below is where I happened to land and it worked like a charm. I cored and quartered five apples (I happened to have red delicious) boiled them according to the recipe, added the vanilla and cinnamon, simmered and processed. That's it!

Next step....baking!

Unsweetened Applesauce From "Say Yes To Salad" Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment